February 21, 2011

Roll Call


I recently mentioned to a close relative of mine that he should check out my blog, because after all, if your relatives don’t unconditionally love whatever it is you write, then maybe you don’t have the talent you think you have. Or maybe it means you need to go out and get better relatives.

Anyway…after he checked out this blog, he asked me, “Does anyone even read that stuff?”
“Heck, yeah!” I answered. “Look, I have 14 devoted followers!”

Okay, that was the Optimistic Me talking. The Pessimistic Me was thinking, “Well…they clicked the button to follow my blog…but do any of them actually read it?”

So, this is a test…for the next 30 seconds…nah, make that next 30 days…no, scratch that too…make it for as long as this blog is online, anyone (not just my blog followers) who stumbles upon this post should leave a comment to prove you read it. It doesn’t have to be profound or need to be an award winning comment. Just a “Yup” or a “Uh-huh” will do to prove that occasionally people really do read this stuff. Think of it as a blog roll call and if you don’t respond, you will be marked absent and you’ll need a note from your mother or someone who is good at forging your mother’s signature explaining why you didn’t check in.

13 comments:

You Know Who I Am. said...

I read it. (Does that count or am I invisible again?)

Cindy said...

Hey, "you,"
You're not invisible, so looks like the comments are working now. Thanks.

willowforlife said...

Here.

HowLynnTime said...

Number twenty present!

Lol that is funny - relatives are spozt ta like what ya write? Think some of mine think I'm trying ta say I'm right - not I write. I know they are hard of hearing - not functionally - mentally.

Lol have a good evening and nice to meet you!

Cindy said...

Nice to meet you, too, HowLynn. Attendance sheet duly noted that number twenty is present. Thanks for checking in.

Heather Hellmann said...

I just found your blog, and yup, I read it :)

Cindy said...

ha! see I knew SOMEONE really does read this stuff from time to time. Thanks to those of you who not only read it, but commented too.

Anonymous said...

Now that I know this is here, I must post something! I'm posting anonymously but I am sure you know who I am :-)

missgailly said...

I am reading your blog.....

Laurel said...

Fun blog Cindy! Looking forward to meeting you face to face at T Conv!!

Cindy Blog-A-Liddle said...

Thanks for checking out the blog, Laurel. See you at the convention.

Victoria Snelling said...

Better relatives for me please!

Anonymous said...

yup, people do read this stuff.